1159 South Community Development Corporation seeks to hire a full‐time Executive Director to oversee and grow the organization in its three mission areas of economic development, housing development, and community engagement. The position reports to the Board of Directors and is a one-year appointment, renewable for subsequent years depending upon performance and funding. Pay based upon experience.
Responsibilities of this role include housing and real estate development, economic development, program management, budget management, relationship management, marketing, community outreach, and fundraising. Specific duties include:
- Manage operations, budgets, grants, finances, planning, and internal controls.
- Manage and grow housing, economic, and community engagement programs.
- Identify and write grants; increase donor funding and fee-based services to achieve mission goals.
- Oversee and lead housing rehabs and new construction from pre-development to delivery resulting in quality, safe and attractive, affordable housing.
- Develop an active pipeline of projects to increase affordable housing options.
- Develop and implement a low-income exterior home repair program.
- Adapt construction management software to automate housing project workflows.
- Develop and implement sustainable and impactful economic development and small business assistance programs that are relevant to the community served.
- Develop and implement neighborhood events and a resident advisory board.
- Collaborate with partners who are advancing south Springfield improvements.
- Maintain and update the organization’s website and social media platforms.
- Ensure organizational compliance with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
- Other duties as required.
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing, planning, securing funding, and implementing housing and economic development programs. Knowledge of residential construction and small business development.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter with especially strong organizational management, program management, time management, and leadership skills with an innate sense of community and commitment to excellence.
- Experience using project management software and managing large grants.
- Successful grant-writing or similar technical / business writing experience.
- Excellent verbal communications, writing, and technology skills.
- Familiarity with south Springfield or work in underserved communities is desirable.
- Prior experience managing a business or non-profit organization is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Interested applicants should email a resume and cover letter, using the subject Executive Director to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
About Us: 1159 South is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to significantly improve the economic conditions of low-income people, housing conditions and appearance of distressed places, and sense of community in southwest Springfield. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.