1159 South’s motto, “From the Community, For the Community,” is at the heart of everything we do. Lasting improvement is possible only if the community is involved early, often, and thoroughly.
Our key community outreach strategies are to:
- Engage residents at community events, in neighborhoods, and through social media;
- Obtain Community Engagement Survey responses;
- Conduct outreach to clergy and business owners; and
- Identify residents to fill key roles, including:
- Neighborhood Ambassadors, meaning key contacts for outreach and organization within designated parts of south Springfield.
- Youth Leaders to reach out to youth and bring youth voices into the transformation process.
Click here to complete the Community Engagement Survey.