Full-time, 40 hours / week, M-F – 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (overtime may be required)
Salary: $20-22 / hourly depending upon experience
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Aug. 5, 2022
Under the supervision of the Director, the Construction Team Member works on-site daily to complete housing rehabilitation projects by performing a variety of construction tasks safely, efficiently, and expertly. The Team Member participates in property inspections of potential acquisitions, assists with scope of work determinations, and monitors contractor compliance with safety and quality standards.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in residential housing rehabs or construction. Skilled in one or more general construction trades, such as painting, drywall installation, carpentry, etc.
- Valid drivers’ license, insurable, and own transportation.
- Honest, reliable and punctual with self-pride in work product.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to complete construction tasks independently with minimal oversight.
- Ability to learn and use construction management software.
- Ability to become lead certified under EPA’s RRP program (8-hour course).
- Commitment to safety, high-quality work, and ability to work as part of a team.
- Desire to continue learning and growing as a construction professional.
- Performs construction work on residential rehabs of distressed properties. Work varies by project but generally includes demolition, clearing, digging, repairing and shoring up damaged components, maintaining materials lists and inventories, regularly cleaning the job-site, making material runs, and using a variety of general construction skills to complete projects.
- Follows procedures established by 1159 South. Performs work safely and in accordance with applicable codes, and monitors contractor compliance with safety and quality standards, reporting variances to the Housing Director.
- Maintains timely and accurate timesheets, material lists, and project binder.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Attends and participates in inspections of potential rehab acquisitions.
- Provides input on scope of work determinations.
- Regularly updates project schedule, progress, and photos electronically (in a mobile app).
- All other duties as assigned.